Golden Ears Provincial Park. Attention Visitors – Crucial Notice!
Golden Ears now 100% reservable during top season
To boost visitor experience, camping in Golden Ears Provincial Park will undoubtedly be 100% reservable through the top season. First-come, first-served camping possibilities remain at Alouette and North Beach Campgrounds through April, May and a lot of of June. First-come, first-served camping continues to be available over summer and winter when a booking is certainly not in position.
The interest in camping in BC Parks is continuing to grow somewhat through the years. It has developed a need for lots more booking opportunities, therefore we have all reasonable and access that is equal campsites no matter where they live.
Alouette River Aquatic Campground currently closed
Because of storm that is recent and increasing pond levels, Alouette River Marine Campground (positioned during the northern end of Alouette Lake) happens to be closed to camping. Assessment and cleaning associated with the web site are likely to happen quickly. Please use other marine campgrounds on Alouette Lake (Moyer Creek, The Narrows) in the interim.
October 15, 2019
Golden Ears Provincial Park is currently operating on wintertime hours
At the time of 16, 2019: Golden Ears Provincial Park is now operating on winter hours october. The park gate is available 8:00am to 5:30pm daily, please leave the park by 5:30pm. If dangerous road conditions occur (snow/ice on road), the park gate will remain shut for hours. Winter camping can be obtained at Gold Creek Campground whenever park road is open. For updates on road conditions and closures, go to the Park OperatorвЂ™s Twitter feed @alouetteparks.
Relating To This Park
Among the biggest areas into the province, Golden Ears Provincial Park is prized because of its opportunities that are recreational. The considerable system of tracks inside the park has an opportunity that is excellent hiking and horse riding.
Alouette Lake is just a popular spot for swimming, windsurfing, water-skiing, canoeing, sailing and fishing. The park has also three campgrounds that are large. Vegetation is typical regarding the seaside western Hemlock woodland of B.C. Plus the backcountry that is mountainous excessively tough.
Founded Date: December 14, 1967 Park Size: 62,540 hectares
Know Prior To Going
Remain Secure And Safe
- Hikers going into the backcountry should guarantee a person that is responsible conscious of their journey plans including destination, equipment carried, and planned return time.
- There is certainly an urgent situation shelter on Panorama Ridge regarding the Golden Ears Trail, designed for crisis usage circumstances just; no instantly use.
- Park hosts and a protection patrol can be found throughout the summer season.
- Throughout the summer time, Golden Ears Provincial Park is incredibly popular, specially on weekends. Site site site Visitors are encouraged that the park is susceptible to regular closing to day-users and/or boaters as soon as the day-use and/or ship launch parking lots fill to ability. Closures generally speaking occur on sunny weekends and vacations during July and August, and in most cases happen between 11am and 4pm.
- Canoes and Kayaks are around for lease when you look at the park at the Alouette (South Beach) day-use area on weekends only from May long weekend to belated June and day-to-day from late June to Labour Day. (weather permitting)
- Mobile phone solution is bad or perhaps not obtainable in numerous aspects of the park, such as the campgrounds and Alouette (South Beach) day-use area.
All group and campwebsite site reservations needs to be made through Discover Camping. Whenever reservations aren’t available, all campsites work as first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted as of this park. All drive-in and walk-in campsites are reservable during top period; there are no first-come, first-served web web sites.
Group Campsite Reservations
Group campsite reservations are accepted only at that park (minimal 15 grownups) year-round. Picnic/day-use area is present on a first-come, first-served foundation just and it is perhaps perhaps maybe not reservable as of this park.
Location and Maps
Please be aware: Any maps detailed are for information just; they could maybe not express appropriate boundaries fetlife and shouldn’t be useful for navigation.
Golden Ears Provincial Park lies within the Coast Mountains 11 north that is km of Ridge regarding the north region of the Fraser River. Use of the park is through vehicle via Dewdney Trunk path through the Municipality of Maple Ridge. Then turn right onto Fern Crescent at the traffic circle and follow the road into the park if heading west, turn right onto 232nd and if heading east, turn left onto 232nd. The campgrounds are about 11 km north of this park entry.
The closest communities, towns and metropolitan areas are Maple Ridge, Mission and Pitt Meadows.
This park is serviced by Parkbus
Are you aware Parkbus can be a eco-friendly, affordable transport solution from downtown Vancouver to choose BC Parks? For more information about Parkbus, in addition to their channels and schedules, check www. Parkbus.ca or contact them at 1-800-928-7101.